- that i still can't produce a coherent, non-move related post. sorry folks.
- that there are a number of things about the Metro that remind me of Disney World. firstly, the trains themselves make me think of the monorail at Disney. i don't know why. i guess compared to the hulking metal El trains, they just seem a little less...train-like. and they make that whirring sound when they run. secondly, the underground stations are kinda Space Mountain-esqe (actually, i credit BoyCat with discovering this, i merely had to concur with this assessment when i finally rode through one).
- the worst idea ever? putting industrial carpet inside public transit cars. Metro, what were you thinking??
- that cobblestone sidewalks are nice and quaint, until you almost bite it - twice! - while walking a four block span.
- that i had underestimated the phallic nature of the washington monument. holy penile symbology, people.
- that idiots are everywhere*. today at lunch at the Corner Bakery, BoyCat and i listened to a woman send a waitress back with a sandwich because "it has avocados on it. i ordered it without avocados. and they can't just take them off, because i'm allergic." what? seriously?? lady, there are at least half a dozen sandwich options without avocado on them. why in the world, if you are allergic to the damn things, would you even chance ordering a sandwich that usually comes with them?
*of course i already knew this. it's just something that i re-discover, and re-discover, and re-discover.