Friday, June 23, 2006

friday cat blogging, "i'm not boring you, am i?" edition

unfortunately, my lack of skill with a digital camera kinda prevents me from getting any good action shots of CatCat (blurry) or any good close-ups of CatCat (scary alien eyes). if i turn off the flash for close-ups, i get blurry shots. like, my camera actively blinks and beeps at me, which is its way of saying "don't do it! i can't handle it! it's not gonna look good!!" so, as a result, we have many CatCat pictures like this one.



and not that she's not all kinds of cute, just sitting there gazing in the direction of her food bowl, but really - we need some variety. any tips or suggestions on how to get around the alien eye/blurry picture problem? i've looked in my instruction book to no avail.

and to think, i got an A in photography class back in the day.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I just take dozens and dozens and dozens of photographs of my kitty. That way I tend to end up with a few good ones. It's digital, so I can delete all the duds.

I tend to get down to my cat's level, and when I think I'll be doing action shots, my camera has an action setting. Also if I'm doing real close-ups I use the macro setting.

Don't know if that's actually helpful, but there's my two cents!

Anonymous said...

is it scared of the flash

kate.d. said...

kate, the action setting i think i can use, but i don't know whether i have a macro setting or not. what does that mean? is it anything like a portrait setting?

i don't thinks she's scared of the flash, but what i do hate about the digital is the lag between pressing the button and the shutter going - the picture i get is always about two seconds after the one i intended.

somewaterytart said...

I got a D in photography. I fucking hated that class.