Wednesday, September 28, 2005

like when they threw all the books onto the fire and john lithgow got mad in footloose.

hey, guess what? it's the American Library Assocation's official banned books week!

check out their webpage on this, it's chock full of highly subversive stuff like a chapter from the chocolate war. no, but really, it's full of interesting tidbits. i tried to put this link up last night, but there was so much traffic those poor little librarians could hardly handle it. so go, and learn about the 100 most frequently challenged books of 1990-2000, find out the difference between a challenge and a ban (seems pretty intuitive to me, but i'll bite), and even download a banned books week poster!

i'm off to see where ulysses ranks on the top 100 list. it better be top 10, or i'm going to be pissed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your use of links stress me out. I feel like I should click on them all, and that's overwhelming, and I feel like I should already know who some of these people/sites are, and I don't, and that makes me feel inept.
I had a dream last night about posting comments on your blog. This is what it's done to me. I'm afraid to read BoyCat's blog; I fear my head might explode.
I don't understand why I wasn't able to find a link to this year's banned books list. I did see an old one, which had both Perks of Being a Wallflower (one of the best books EVER) and the Captain Underpants series, which is absurd. Moral of the story=banned books absurd.

kate.d. said...

i'm sorry you hate my links! but i have to say, i like being able to use them...because the internet is all interconnected....almost like a WEB of some kind. but don't click them if you don't want to...it's a free country (for now)! who knows when your right to not click on links could be impigned upon, so exercise it often.