Friday, August 04, 2006

free fridays.

i'm broadcasting now from my living room couch, in my pajamas. i am not, i repeat not on my way to work. i finagled having fridays off from now until my departure from nonprofitland. yes, i am a master negotiator, and i wowed them with my airtight logic (and evident teetering on the brink of insanity). hence, the pajamas.

but i won't be in my pajamas for long, because in true kate fashion, i have packed my first day off with a ton of crap to do. i've got the gym, the bookstore, the grocery store, the hairstylist, and somewhere in there has to be a quick trip to H&M. i am in desperate need of a pool cover-up for vegas. i am going to vegas in two and a half weeks, and i have nothing presentable to wear over my bathing suit. this, obviously, cannot stand.

more later, perhaps. but for now, it's the last 13 minutes of dawson's creek and then dragging my ass to the elliptical machine.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want Fridays off....

Stacey said...

Oooh, me too. Last year, my best friend vacated a job at a publishing company which offered every other Friday off in the summer. She asked if I wanted to apply and even though I didn't like the job itself, those Fridays almost made me do it . . . (Well, and the extra 5 grand a year)

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice job. Imagine what le grand fromage would have said if I had wanted Fridays off before my departure!

kate.d. said...

well, you know, it is pretty sweet that they agreed to it (i was actually a bit surprised), but it's hard not to feel kinda guilty about it. because really, who asks to be paid for one less day per week when in two months, they'll be unemployed?

me, that's who!

i'm just going to have to spend a fair amount of this free time figuring out what the hell i plan on doing for income once i get to DC...

jayniek said...

fine, take your giant poodle and go shopping... i'm not jealous.

Sarah said...

if you are by any chance in the market for a long sleeved, fabulously sheer turqouise beach coverup then let me know. i bought this really great one a few weeks ago and have never worn it and in all likelihood never will (at least not this season).

kate.d. said...

sarah, you are too kind! however, i had *great* success at H&M today (i feel like you're either hitting the jackpot at H&M or totally tanking, you know? luckily today was a jackpot day). i found a perfect reddish-orange, cotton, strapless cover-up for $17. it was tucked onto the end of a random rack, nothing like it in the vicinity, and i didn't see any more of them anywhere in the store. and it was my size.

i love when shit like that happens!!

Sarah said...

sounds magnifique!!