Saturday, August 04, 2007

meme time.

amy tagged me with this meme earlier this week. ask, and ye shall receive.

The Rules:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.
5. 8 is a magic number. Not three.

all righty then. eight is actually my favorite number (is it weird that people have favorite numbers? most definitely. it's not like eight is lucky for me or anything. i just...like it.). so, eight obscure things about me:

1. i had a fish tank in my dorm room when i was a sophomore in college. i (shockingly) eventually got tired of cleaning it, and it wound up back at my parents house. the fish had baby fish, but then they eventually all died.

2. i only have one scar. when i was in the first grade, as i was running around the playground (which, for catholic school, was a big no-no) i collided with another girl, skidded face first on the pavement, and scraped my chin pretty wide open. the nuns chastised me, tried to clean me up, and sent me back to class, but i made such a fuss that they eventually called my mother. turns out i needed stitches – i still have a tiny scar just under the tip of my chin from it.

3. i despise sour cream. and pickles. and jello.

4. i word a leopard print dress to my senior prom. it sounds ridiculous, but i’m telling you, i was a full year ahead of the animal print trend of the late 90s. i am, somewhat perversely, proud of this. (i am not as proud of the fact that my date went on to work for mitt romney and george w. bush.)

5. i can’t stand the feeling of velvet. can’t stand it. like, i physically recoil from it.

6. even though i’m a confirmed bibliophile, i only actually own one first edition - Breakfast of Champions by kurt vonnegut – and it’s one of the most thoughtful gifts anyone has ever given me.

7. i keep rosary beads that my grandmother gave me in the glove compartment of our car.

8. i wore the wrong bra size until i was 25 years old. so, when they say “go get measured,” and you think, “eh – i’m fine,” go get measured anyway. seriously.


now, i'm not so much one for tagging, but feel free to lift this one if you so desire! viva obscure personal trivia!

1 comment:

Toast said...

Even though you weren't woman enough to actually tag me, I responded anyhow.