Monday, July 16, 2007

this just in.

camden yards is beautiful.

RFK stadium is not.

i've checked two new (at least, new to me) major league ballparks of the "to visit" list in the last three days! what fun! this brings my grand total to a whopping....um, five. ahem.

anyway.

business ensues later this week...i know i said i wouldn't toss up this stupid filler posts anymore, but what can i say - i should be writing more (not necessarily for my few readers - you dirty ingrates - but because more writing means more better writing skillz), and the fact that i'm not makes me feel guilty. hence, the half-assed posting about baseball stadiums that pleases no one.

also, i don't not have the time or energy to really post something with, like, thesis statements in it because i'm getting up early to run tomorrow. i've been pretty good, running 2-3 miles about 3 times a week. i can almost do it without dying, and i'm trying to get up to more like 4 times a week. hence, the 6:30 am alarm in the morning.

that is also really of no interest to you.

so, i will commence with the shutting of the up.

(oh, wait - this just in as well - if you hate humidity, stay away from DC tomorrow. and the next day. and the day after that. don't say i didn't warn you.)

4 comments:

artemisia said...

Camden Yards is my favorite ball park -- so far.

My entire blog consists of posts that are strictly filler. I keep telling myself the topics and commentary will improve when The Thesis is finished, but I think I might just be too lazy to think. (The lack of progress on The Thesis would appear to confirm that fear.)

Give yourself a break and enjoy your summer reading; you'll have more to say than you imagine!

Toast said...

hence, the half-assed posting about baseball stadiums that pleases no one.

Au contraire! I love half-assed posts about personal miscellany.

Camden is the nicest stadium I've been to. Great location, awesome food, beautiful park.

Anonymous said...

Nothing beats Fenway. But you know that :)

I went to RFK two weekends ago. It's very...um..EXPO Montreal Olympic Stadium like. I'm sure the Nationals feel at home :)

Stacey said...

As Amy said, nothing beats Fenway (esp. when the Sox are winning!). However, I'd love to see more parks around the country.

Good for you trying to run regularly. Your plan sounds similar to mine: 2-3 miles, 2-3 time/week. Have you tried mapmyrun.com? It's a neat way to plan out a route in advance!