Tuesday, May 16, 2006

deadlines - the ultimate motivator.

this will be my only meager contribution to you all tonight, as i am attempting to get my act together and submit a little article for bitch magazine's june 1 deadline. i think it will be about the feminist blogosphere and the issue of bloggers "educating" the scribbling (or in this case, typing) hordes about feminism. there have been some interesting tussles as of late, particularly over at I Blame the Patriarchy, and i think it's a fascinating display of different attitudes about what a "good feminist" does or does not do in order to further feminism.

so anyway. that's what i'm up to. i'll be back tomorrow to complain about linen pants, and the government asking me to live in a perpetual state of pre-pregnancy.

6 comments:

Roni said...

Go, Kate, Go!

Elizabeth said...

What the hell? Pre-pregnancy? Absolutely ridiculous. I guess we can kiss the post-patriarchy idea goodbye.

Good luck with the article!

Sarah said...

i read that article and have first hand experience with it. when i had breast reduction surgery they only let me go down 2 sizes because any more than that might leave me incapable of breast feeding even though i was AWARE of the risk and accepted it and still wanted to go down three sizes. my mother, who is 53, was allowed to do whatever she wanted having gone through menopause. ridiculous!!

kate.d. said...

sarah, that is insane! i don't know how you didn't kick the doctor in the shins. or the face, for that matter.

somewaterytart said...

Is your complaint about linen pants that they wrinkle too easily and look horrible on me?

kate.d. said...

tart, you're spot on about the wrinkling issue. i have this weird problem where i totally know why i should never buy anything linen, and then every now and again i do it anyway. last summer it was a linen sundress for my sisters rehearsal dinner, this year cropped linen pants. i know, cropped AND linen! have i lost my mind??

but SisterCat was with me and swore they looked good, so i got them. and they are comfortable. comfortable and wrinkly.