Wednesday, November 09, 2005

your wednesday one-liner.

as always, courtesty of Overheard in New York:

Chick: I make it a point never to run to public transportation. It's a rule that I live by.

--1 train


and to this i have to say, right on. i sprinted half a block for the fucking B line too many times in Boston, with a work bag and a gym bag and a coffee mug and lord knows what else flailing around. it should never be that important to get somewhere, even to work. and if it is - well then, they should be paying you more, so you can afford to drive every day.

ugh. the B line.

3 comments:

FINY said...

Oh man, I am now having flashbacks to trying to get from the red line to the B line at rush hour in the Park Street Station and it's not pretty!

And whoever it was that started "Overheard in New York" is a genius. The things you hear just on the subway on the way to work you could write a novel about.

kate.d. said...

ugh, park street! i have to admit, i was also sometimes one of those commuters dashing down the 87 stairs to try to leap onto a b train before it pulled out :)

i'm surprised i never broke my neck.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya about running after trains, trolleys & buses. Since I've come of age,the only thing I run for is "Last Call"!