Monday, October 24, 2005

when even the world series can't cheer you up.

i am feeling very bad and sad (and apparently somewhat Seussian) about things today. it is raining and gloomy here in chicago, and mondays are what they are. however, in a vain attempt to lift my spirits, i will share the following photo.

huh. no photo. why is that? because blogger is obviously part of some vast conspiracy to make today crappy, and won't let me add a picture. what you would have seen here is a photo of the chicago skyline and the "Sox Pride" message displayed on the BlueCross BlueShield building. oh well - the picture was from the trib, and they probably would have sued me for copyright infringment anyway.

i feel like Marvin from Hitchhiker's Guide today.

3 comments:

Jared Goralnick said...

ever heard that expression that shared happiness is happiness doubled and shared misery is misery halved?

Whatever. All I know is I'd rather hear some of the latter than the former these days. It's been gray all around in my world for some time; 'tis the season perhaps.

Thanks for bitching. Don't worry, plenty of us here have company to provide for that state of mind.

So cheer up, Kate. Or don't.

Anonymous said...

It's gray here in San Diego too, which is really unusal. I've been depressed today too, and it had nothing to do with turning 30 this weekend.

The Disgruntled Chemist said...

Gray in Orange County, CA too...and the World Series ain't cheering me up, either, since the Angels aren't in it.

Stupid baseball. At least your team didn't crap the bed in the ALCS...